Honestly Driven – all employees of OK Tire Stores know that providing exceptional customer service and quality workmanship is our number one priority. As part of our team all members believe in:
- Open and honest communication
- Personal commitment towards success
- Team spirited participation – learning, coaching, mentoring
OK Tire Downtown is a small yet busy shop in the heart of Kamloops, offering various services from tires to preventative maintenance and mechanical repairs. Our customers and team members are treated like family, and we strive to look after every vehicle as if it’s our own.
The Automotive Service Technician/Red Seal Mechanic – is responsible for a variety of duties relating to the repair and maintenance of vehicles of various makes and models with the following key responsibilities:
- Road test motor vehicles and test automotive systems and components for diagnostic of issues
- Complete maintenance service as well as courtesy inspections
- Perform automotive repairs including but not limited to: front-end, engine repair, tune-ups, brake systems, exhaust and transmission
- Review all repairs with the management or service advisors prior to executing repairs
- Notify the management or service advisors if any unforeseen issues arise
- Assist other team members with repairs/maintenance as required
- Ensure work area is kept neat and tidy including cleaning/sweeping daily
- Dispose of used items in appropriate recycling areas and notify the management or service advisors when removal is required
- Inform the management or service advisors when in need of replenishing shop supplies or stocking parts (i.e. running low)
- Provide explanation and diagnosis of repairs needed when required to do so
- Ensure customer vehicle is kept clean and free from any damages while in our possession
- Take ownership of your repairs and strive to ensure all necessary components are completed to ensure customer satisfaction and eliminate comebacks
- Full-time position, 8 hours a day with a ½ hour unpaid lunch break
- Employees must wear CSA-approved steel-toe boots as well as appropriate shirt/slacks as provided and ensure they are in a presentable condition (i.e. clean)
- Follow all Health & Safety requirements
- Certified Red Seal Journeyman with 2-5 years previous experience in the automotive trade
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Able to take direction and complete tasks as assigned
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Able to multi-task and handle multiple priorities on a daily basis
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Physically capable of lifting and moving items up to 50 lbs.
- Authorized Inspector certification an asset
Must be available to work full-time, 5 days a week + overtime when required.
If you Honestly believe that you have what it takes to become part of our team we would like to hear from you!
We offer a competitive wage as well as benefits that will be discussed with candidates. If you Honestly believe that you have what it takes to become part of our team we would like to hear from you!
Please forward your resume and cover letter to: [email protected] or drop by in person at 1020 Victoria Street, Kamloops, BC V2C 2C4.