OK Tire Stores Inc. has been part of the Canadian landscape since 1953 and has grown to over 300+ locations in Canada. Our team is also GROWING – which is why we have created this new position located out of Valleyfield, QC at our new 200,000 square foot facility.
Under the direction of the IT Manager, you will responsible to provide internal information technology support, such as server security, software updates, and hardware maintenance. This position will provide technical advice and assistance to employees as well as troubleshoot errors and fix system issues via periodic testing, assigned tickets, and other methods.
The beauty of this job is that no 2 days will look the same. While some of your time will be spent on specific strategic IT initiatives, you will also be the IT support specialist for the Eastern warehouses and employees. Your day will consist of some of these elements:
- Provide internal information technology support, such as server security, software updates, server patching and hardware maintenance.
- Administration and maintenance of the companies wireless AP’s, switches, and scan gun hardware.
- Administration and maintenance of Microsoft Active Directory and Hybrid Exchange / Office 365 environments.
- Ensure that server and storage hardware is adequately sized and configured; conduct capacity planning scenarios to meet future needs.
- Provide technical direction to co-workers on the computer and network usage and offer comprehensive advice and instructions.
- Manage and monitor virtualized VMWare servers.
- 3-5+ years of IT experience
- Previous experience administrating the following technologies: VMWare, SAN’s, Veeam Suite, Microsoft AD DS, SQL Server and Hybrid Exchange / MS Office 365 environment.
- Sound understanding of networking principles: DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, VPN, VLAN’s
- Experience with the following technologies would be an asset: Citrix, Sophos Endpoint, AWS, PowerShell, Python.
- Strong knowledge of systems administration procedures and methodologies
- Business Intelligence / Analysis experience would be an asset.
- Data Warehouse/Mining experience would be an asset.
- ERP Experience would be an asset.
- Ability to self-manage timelines and projects while meeting deadlines and commitments.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical members of the organization both written & verbally.
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate fluently in French and English – both verbally and written form
OK Tire offers an excellent compensation program that including a competitive salary, fully paid benefits package (except LTD), Matching RRSP program, Annual profit share, Personal Days and a Health & Wellness spending account.
We thank all applications for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.