Location: Corporate office – Surrey, BC
OK Tire has been part of the Canadian landscape since 1953. We have come a long way since then; we are now the largest independent tire and auto service retailer in Canada. Today, we have over 350+ locations coast to coast, and continue to grow!
We are 100% Canadian owned and operated local service providers with the benefit of national support.
Your Role as Merchandising Manager
OK Tire is looking for a talented and experienced Merchandising Manager to create, oversee, and implement merchandising strategies both online and in-store. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, this hands-on strategic role puts you at the forefront of understanding consumer trends, competition and analysis of consumer markets.
Key areas of focus include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for developing and executing online merchandising plans that drive online conversion, increased average order value, and support overall company goals
- Align the in-store merchandising strategy with the online strategy
- Analyze sales data, customer reactions, and market trends to anticipate product needs.
- Collaborate internally with Marketing, Purchasing, Finance and Business Development teams to accurately forecast product quantities, inventory levels, and pricing
- Maximize customer engagement and sales by displaying products appropriately, online and in-store
- Identify sales strategies by analyzing market trends and needs of stores
- Develop strategies to highlight promotions, price changes, clearance and holiday/seasonal needs and opportunities.
- Anticipate and maximize customer interest, reaction, and expectations
- Analyze target demographics, regional needs, and market size.
- Track inventory; collaborate with Purchasing Department to ensure correct stock and restock levels.
- Monitor competitor retail pricing and make recommendations on appropriate pricing accordingly
- Report on category/product performance weekly, monthly, and annually with plans to improve
- Collaborate with Marketing team relating to execution of marketing plans including the creation, building and display merchandising initiative.
- Ensure the online assortment’s product content is fully optimized, including attributes, images, buying guides, product reviews, etc. to maximize on-site conversion
- Constantly monitor KPI’s related to online sales and develop strategies to improve
- Provide digital marketing team with appropriate merchandise selections and message direction for website, e-newsletters, email templates and external advertising digital placements based on season, promotions, etc.
- Responsible for creation, implementation and execution of plan-o-grams; including taking photos of process for comparison.
- Maximize profitability with engaging signage and campaigns
- Collaborate with marketing team and suppliers to create campaigns that are creative and on-trend.
- Remain up to date with industry/merchandising best practices and trends
- Prepare training and store communication materials to implement consistent in-store display elements
Education/Experience that is a must:
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Post-secondary education in Marketing, Product Procurement or a University Business Degree would be an asset.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in product management, merchandising or supply chain. Preference given to candidates with Automotive related experience.
- Direct ecommerce merchandising experience with a solid understanding of user experience, site operations, promotions, brand positioning an asset
- Ability to utilize technology to drive analysis and execution of business requirements
- Ability to adapt to and lead change
- Sound judgement and ability to effectively problem solve
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Strong listening, presentation, and decision-making skills
- Highly organized, able to multi-task effectively and work under changing priorities
OK Tire offers an excellent compensation program including a competitive salary, fully paid benefits package (except LTD), Matching RRSP program, Annual profit share, Personal Days and a Health & Wellness spending account.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.