Seeking an experienced, knowledgeable, motivated and career-minded team lead.
The Distribution Centre Lead Hand will be responsible for overseeing operational aspects pertaining to the workflow and inventory management as well as providing leadership, coaching/mentoring to warehouse employees under his/her supervision. Responsibilities will include the training of staff in warehouse processes, safety, policies and procedures, as well as the identification and correction of potential work problems and health and safety issues.
As a Distribution Center Lead Hand, you will:
- Oversee all workflow operations within the warehouse including but not limited to:
- Prioritizing shipments – incoming and outgoing
- Flow of all paperwork
- Delegation of tasks to staff
- Ensure all proper closing procedures are completed before the end of the night
- Liaise with DC Manager regarding stock levels, stock-transfers, inventory management
- Work with DC Manager to ensure inventory placement within the facility, address and resolve any issues
- Ensure Health & Safety is adhered to by staff members during the shift and address and resolve any concerns as they arise
- Ensure all OK Tire programs, policies and procedures are carried out as defined by OK Tire Corporate
- Customer Service: Liaise with Dealers and other accounts
- Ensure that all paperwork is completed in a timely fashion for processing including warehouse transfers, credits for returned goods, rebills for direct shipments, DOR’s, warranty claims, etc.
- Assist in employee reviews and recommend discipline action to DC Manager if/when require
- Participates in and hiring/termination and training of employees
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate others
- Leads by example via high standard of work ethic and commitment to the organization as demonstrated by attendance record and willingness to assist (work overtime) whenever required
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to earn credibility and build strong relationships that will serve as an ‘enabler’ in achieving goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate confidently to all levels including internal and external customers
- Strong analytical and reconciliation skills with an keen appreciation for attention to details
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced, ever changing high-volume environment with tight deadlines
- Able to multi-task and handle multiple priorities on a daily basis
- Demonstrated ability to operate material handling equipment
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Previous experience in a leadership position supervising a staff of 5+ preferably in the Automotive/Tire sector or warehouse/distribution center environment
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Forklift, Order Picker or Clamp Truck Experience and certification is an asset
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record preferred
- Computer experience is an asset
OK Tire offers an excellent compensation program that including a competitive salary, fully paid benefits package (except LTD), Matching RRSP program, Annual profit share, Personal Days and a Health & Wellness spending account.
Please forward resume and cover letter to:
We thank all applications for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.