Who are we? OK Tire Corporate Warehouse. If you didn’t guess, we warehouse “Tires”. We use a variety of equipment to move the tires BUT of course we have to handle some by hand which keeps you in great shape and saves that Gym membership! We have been around for over 50 years so we are a very stable company.
We are seeking a dynamic, focused leader to oversee the operations of our NEW Winnipeg Distribution Centre. Leadership, coaching & mentoring are pinnacle elements of this position. Understanding daily operational elements, analyzing workflows, troubleshooting and managing change are essential traits of the successful candidate.
Key daily activities of a DC Manager. You will:
- Oversee and direct all warehouse related activities including: shipping, receiving, customer pick-ups, warranties, miss-shipments, etc.
- Lead, coach, mentor and develop employees to achieve both individual and team success
- Liaise with carriers, customers, Customer Service department to ensure customer satisfaction both internally and externally.
- Manage and resolve issues pertaining to the warehouse operation, inventory, personnel, etc.
- Conduct daily inspections to ensure housekeeping, safety, and maintenance issues are addressed in the warehouse, the loading bays, and with lift trucks/equipment.
- Promote a safe work environment, adherence to the Occupational Health and Safety Code, the Employment Standards Code, and any other applicable legislation.
- Ensure Machine Maintenance program is instituted and carried out in a timely fashion.
- Maintain appropriate staffing levels adjusting and make recommendations for part-time/seasonal staff during peak periods.
- Conduct employee reviews and recommend discipline action when required.
- Handle all other staffing needs such as Certification for operation of forklifts/pickers.
Qualifications/experience that you bring includes:
- Previous experience in a leadership/management position supervising in a warehouse/distribution centre environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to earn credibility and build strong relationships that will serve as an ‘enabler’ in achieving goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate confidently to all levels including internal and external customers.
- Previous experience in the Automotive/Tire Industry an asset.
- Strong analytical and reconciliation skills with a keen appreciation for attention to details.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced, ever changing high-volume environment with tight deadlines.
- Able to multi-task and handle multiple priorities on a daily basis.
- Experience with Warehouse processes and process flow change.
- Intermediate level skills in Excel, Word and other related office software.
FYI: This is a hands-on role – meaning you will pitch in and handle part of the duties when required (meaning – it’s not a desk job).
What we offer is:
OK Tire offers an excellent compensation program that including a competitive salary, fully paid benefits package (except LTD), Matching RRSP program, Annual profit share, Personal Days and a Health & Wellness spending account.
We thank all applications for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.