Location: South Surrey, BC
Our company is seeking a highly organized, hardworking and self-motivated Junior Accounting Clerk to keep the office running smoothly.
A Jack/Jill of all trades – willing to assist in a multitude of areas with a can-do attitude! The primary function of this role will be computer related – handling/managing the AP inbox & distributing files to members of the finance team in a timely manner. Therefore, the successful candidate will need to have suburb time management and organization skills! You must also be comfortable with general office operations, including electronic correspondence, filing, scanning and distributing mail.
The right person would be someone with a positive outlook, strong work ethic, who enjoys being busy and loves multi-tasking.
Here is a basic snap-shot of a typical day:
- Manage the AP inbox daily, including answering inquiries and distributing emails to various members of the Finance Team in a timely manner.
- Daily filing and scanning documents.
- Handle disbursement of mail.
- Ability to code and enter financial transactions during busy season.
We are looking for someone who has:
- 2+ years’ experience in high volume/fast paced data entry and/or finance/accounting experience. (Fast paced means in excess of 500 day transactions).
- Intermediate experience/knowledge in computer applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel
- Accurate keyboarding skills including use of numeric keyboard pad with an ability to sustain keyboarding/typing at an average of +50WPM.
Competencies & Characteristics that are important to us include:
- Accountability – Takes ownership of personal workload, manages tasks and sets priorities based on business needs.
- Attention to Detail – must have keen ability for accurate data entry, attends to details and pursues quality in the accomplishment of tasks, regardless of the volume of duties encountered.
- Continuous Improvement – Strives to improve job responsibilities through developing skills and increasing knowledge.
- Mature & Dependable
- Time Management – Balances a myriad of tasks; prioritizes duties as needed.
- Communication – Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing in English
- Teamwork – Positive self-starter with the ability to work individually as well as part of a team and be able to help other team members as needed
- Flexible – ability to be agile and change priorities as needed
OK Tire offers an excellent compensation program that including a competitive salary, fully paid benefits package (except LTD), Matching RRSP program, Annual profit share, Personal Days and a Health & Wellness spending account.
We thank all applications for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.