6 month Temp contract – January 2021 to June 2021
OK Tire has been part of the Canadian landscape since 1953. We have come a long way since then; we are now the largest independent tire and auto service retailer in Canada. Today, we have over 350+ locations coast to coast, and continue to grow!
We are 100% Canadian owned and operated local service providers with the benefit of national support.
Your Role as Inventory & Logistics Coordinator
You will take over the duties & responsibilities of our current employee who is working on a special project. Your daily activities would include logistical and freight planning, analytics, reporting and effective administration across the distribution network for both inbound and outbound activities.
Key areas of focus include but are not limited to:
- Logistics Analytics: Interpret data on logistics elements, such as availability, maintainability, reliability, supply chain management, DC capacity planning, fulfillment rates & inventory turns.
- Responsible for KPI standardization & optimization across DC network and ensure all processes are clearly mapped and consistent with all DC`s
- Develop & implement a comprehensive & consistent DC training program across all DC`s to ensure optimal operational efficiencies in place
- Responsible for ensuring WMS/ERP implementation & UAT is facilitated & completed across all DC`s and serving as a SME where applicable.
- Responsible for all aspects of routing and carrier activity to ensure on time deliveries to our DC`s and/or dealers
- Develop or maintain freight rate databases to determine the most economical modes of transportation & that the most efficient routing is enabled across network
- Develop & implement a comprehensive carrier/transportation management program that includes a performance scorecard review process & reporting metrics, such as on-time delivery rates, and damage/claims ratios
- Responsible for generating, distributing and maintaining all distribution & logistics related KPIs using internal and external sources
- Responsible for coordinating & initializing a comprehensive DC procurement & facilities management program
- Proactively seek out problems and develop solutions for DC/Network efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Stay informed of logistics technology advances and apply appropriate technology to improve logistics processes
- Assist with DC expansion related projects other logistics related functions as assigned
Education/Experience that is a must:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent related experience in logistics and supply chain
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Strong organizational & analytical skills, time management, problem solving, and professional writing skills
- Strong transportation & carrier management background
- Procurement experience
- Training creation & implementation background
- Ability to navigate assignments with competing deadlines and multi-task effectively and accurately
- Ability to analyze data and understand connections, recognizing the opportunities for improvement in those connections
- Ability to work with little supervision and track multiple processes
- Computer-savvy with a working knowledge of logistics software (ERP)
- WMS & ERP system implementations experience
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in logistics management preferred
This is an excellent opportunity to join a stable Canadian company that is continuing to grow.
Please forward resume and cover letter to:
We thank all applications for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.