Automotive Technician / Mechanic – working as part of the Vehicle Service’s Team you will be responsible for a variety of duties relating to the repair and maintenance of vehicle’s including:
- Road test motor vehicles and test automotive systems and components for diagnostic of issues
- Perform automotive repairs including, but not limited to, front-end, engine repair, tune-ups, brake systems, transmission, oil changes, tire change overs.
- Review all repairs with Shop Manager/Owner prior to executing repairs
- Notify Shop Manager/Owner if any unforeseen issues arise
- Assist other team members with repairs/maintenance, as required
- Ensure work area is kept neat and tidy including cleaning/sweeping daily
- Dispose of used items in appropriate recycling areas and notify Shop Manager/Owner when removal is required
- Provide explanation and diagnosis of repairs needed, when required to do so
- Ensure customer vehicle is kept clean and free from any damages while in our possession
- Take ownership of your repairs and strive to ensure all necessary components are completed to ensure customer satisfaction and zero return-defects
- Full-time position, 8 hours a day with a 1 hour unpaid break/lunch
- Employees must wear appropriate shirt/slacks as provided and ensure they are in a presentable condition (i.e. clean)
- Follow all Health & Safety requirements
- 2-5 years previous experience in the automotive trade; preference given to those who are licensed
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Able to take direction and complete tasks as assigned
- Willingness to learn
- Able to multi-task and handle multiple priorities on a daily basis
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Physically capable of lifting and moving items up to 50 lbs.
- Must be available to work full-time, 5 days a week + overtime when required
If you Honestly believe that you have what it takes to become part of our team we would like to hear from you!
We offer a competitive wage + other benefits that will be discussed with candidates that are short-listed for interviews.
Please forward resume and cover letter to: