OK Tire Stores Inc. has been part of the Canadian landscape since 1953 and has grown to over 300+ locations in Canada supported by 12 Distribution Centers throughout Canada. We are looking for the right person to help move us into the next chapter of our business evolution of E-Commerce, RF Scanning & new ERP System.
Based out of: Valleyfield, Quebec OR Mississauga, Ontario
Reporting to the Vice President – Logistics & Distribution, the Regional Distribution Manager will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of several Distribution Centres located throughout eastern Canada, in addition to managing 3PL relationships that support core operations.
The position is effectively responsible for all aspects of regionalized distribution and the daily operational performance of DC`s & DC managers to effectively provide best in class distribution & E-commerce processing to our diverse customer base which includes B to B, and B to C revenue streams.
Here is a snapshot of daily activities:
- Monitor & support performance for all DC`s and DC Managers throughout Eastern Canada.
- Maintain effective relationships with all relevant stakeholders, including but not limited to: Inventory management/Purchasing, Suppliers, Sales, IT, HR, and relevant corporate functional areas and personnel
- Setting & monitoring of key DC KPI`s such as warehouse labour productivity, fill rates, error rates, and inventory accuracy that are consistent across all DC`s
- Ensure effective e-commerce operations are highly functioning within the DCs and 100% customer centric
- Review and revise DC facility operations to promote efficiency and reduce operational costs
- Find and implement ways to lower our operating costs in our distribution centres
- Managing our 3PL relationship`s within Eastern Canada which include but not limited to, managing day-to-day operations, and achieving the required KPIs etc. that support main operations
- In conjunction with Inventory management, support the flow of inventory to & from offsite 3PL providers as required
- Ensure the Company’s assets and properties are adequately protected while maintaining preventive maintenance & up keep of facilities & properties
- Follow operational policies and standards to ensure all Distribution centres are compliant with governmental policies, and regulations, including occupational safety and WHMIS
- Plan space, manpower, & MHE requirements for seasonal peak operational activities and report back to Vice President, Logistics
- Monitor DC performance & prepare reports for Vice President, Logistics & Distribution
- Assist in recruiting relevant DC management personnel and oversee their training
- Provide leadership, motivation and support to DC Managers and DC staff by applying a team approach and maintaining open and positive communication centered on staff development, goal setting, execution, and accountability
- Prepare and communicate performance evaluations on a timely basis
- Identify and resolve all personnel issues with a view to maintaining excellent staff relations
- Support and assist all staff in reaching goals for ONE TEAM objectives
- Perform any other duties as required
- Minimum 10 years of warehousing, distribution and logistics experience overseeing multi-location facilities.
- Strong E-commerce background that includes E-commerce start-up & setup planning.
- Experience in RF scanning technology
- Strong ERP background, with focus on supporting ERP/WMS roll-out for distribution center staff
- Be a team player with experience in staff development and succession planning, goal setting, & execution
- Experience in new DC construction/new building /moves and related transition planning
- Automotive distribution experience an asset
- Strong capacity planning, forecasting, and proactive operational planning acumen.
- Strong KPI & metric driven, with a focus on applying data for analysis
- Proven operational process improvement & development acumen
- Possess hands on knowledge of distribution center processes ( inbound receipts, DC inventory control, outbound order processing, material handling equipment, health and safety, housekeeping matters)
- Solid experience in managing team performance
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good computer skills with the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive attitude
- Candidate must be Bilingual (a must) with excellent communication skills in English & French(both verbal and written)
- Position can be based in either Ontario or Quebec
- Willing to travel 50+ % of time, mostly in Eastern Canada, and as needed to Western Canada
OK Tire offers an excellent compensation program that including a competitive salary, fully paid benefits package (except LTD), Matching RRSP program, Annual profit share, Personal Days and a Health & Wellness spending account.
Please forward resume and cover letter to:
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.