OK Tire Stores Inc. has been part of the Canadian landscape since 1953 and has grown to over 300+ locations in Canada. Our team is also GROWING – which is why we have created this new position located out of Valleyfield, QC at our new 200,000 square foot facility.
Under the direction of the IT Manager, you will responsible to provide internal information technology support, such as server security, software updates, and hardware maintenance. This position will provide technical advice and assistance to employees as well as troubleshoot errors and fix system issues via periodic testing, assigned tickets, and other methods.
Snapshot of what your position will deliver on:
- Oversee the planning, approval, and implementation of technology projects from inception to completion
- Provide internal information technology support, such as server security, software updates, server patching and hardware maintenance
- Perform root cause analysis of system failures and identify bottlenecks to ensure long-term efficiency of all IT systems.
- Document processes and systems pertaining to the IT infrastructure
- Administration and maintenance of the companies wireless AP’s, switches, and scan gun hardware
- Administration and maintenance of Microsoft Active Directory and Hybrid Exchange / Office 365 environments
- Occasionally assist with the overflow of calls to the tech support number and create and resolve tickets using the ITSM system
- Conduct regular data backups to protect the organization’s information. Ensure that scheduled backup jobs completed successfully
- Analyse complex business needs presented by the user community and recommend technical solutions
- Maintain and keep the company’s Cisco based telecommunication systems running with minimal downtime
- Evaluate hardware and software to ensure that it meets company requirements
- Set up monitoring of the computer systems to prevent any unauthorized access
- Ensure that server and storage hardware is adequately sized and configured; conduct capacity planning scenarios to meet future needs
- Provide technical direction to co-workers on the computer and network usage and offer comprehensive advice and instructions.
- Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission-critical host computer resources.
- Stay informed on new or emerging trends and technologies that provide clear benefits to the organization, business partners, and/or customers/clients
- Monitoring ticket SLA’s, evaluating user satisfaction levels and making recommendations for improvement
- Create, update and maintain policies that pertain to the department. Up to and including, End User Agreements, Mobile Device Management, Disaster Recover, Data Retention, etc.
- Use ITIL best practices for Incident, Problem, Asset, Project and Purchase Management
- Manage and monitor virtualized VMWare servers
- Experience with VMWare, SAN’s, Microsoft AD DS, Azure Cloud Platform, SQL Server and Hybrid Exchange / MS Office 365 environment
- Sound understanding of network principles: DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, VPN, VLAN’s
- Experience with the following technologies would be an asset: Citrix, Sophos Endpoint, Veeam Suite, AWS, PowerShell, Python
- Knowledge of ITIL Processes a recommendation
- Strong knowledge of systems administration procedures and methodologies
- Project management and business analysis expertise (gathering requirements, developing technical and functional specifications, etc.)
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical members of the organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Ability to communicate fluently in French and English – both verbally and written form
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- BSc in Computer science or equivalent experience (3-5 years).
- Strong working knowledge of the following technologies:
- Microsoft suite of server applications.
- AWS / Azure cloud platforms
- Cisco Meraki (MX, MS, and MR devices)
- AWS / GCP experience would be an asset
- Business Intelligence / Analysis experience would be an asset
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL programming experience would be an asset
- Data Warehouse/Mining experience would be an asset
- ERP Implementation Experience (Infor SX.e) would be an asset
- Birst, Mits, Power BI, Qlik Sense, Tableau experience would be an asset
- MDX/DAX experience would be an asset
Please forward resume and cover letter to:
OK Tire offers an excellent compensation program that including a competitive salary, fully paid benefits package (except LTD), Matching RRSP program, Annual profit share, Personal Days and a Health & Wellness spending account.
We thank all applications for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.