OK Tire Stores Inc is growing and has a new opportunity for a Technical Support Specialist at our head office located in South Surrey, BC. This is a great opportunity to join our IT Operations team.
The Technical Support Specialist is an integral member of the IT team and is responsible for ensuring that incidents relating to in-house computing systems are recorded and resolved by means of troubleshooting problems, advising on appropriate actions, or redirecting to appropriate resources using the IT Service Management system.
In this role you will:
- Provide technical phone/email/desk-side support for internal IT customers
- Provide level 1 and 2 phone/chat/email/desk-side support for our technology systems
- Provide application (end-user) support
- Deployment and maintenance of computers, laptops, printers, phones, monitors and audio-visual equipment
- Participate in IT customer projects including warehouse moves, infrastructure deployments, and cloud services migrations
- Update, create and maintain support documentation utilizing confluence
- Add/modify users to various applications, including Active Directory and Office365.
- Assign/update user security permissions as needed
- Responsible for time allocation/prioritization, task management, client follow up
- Support users on the proper use of hardware and software
- Document, track, and monitor incidents in the ticketing system to ensure a timely resolution
- Work as part of a team in a structured environment with defined targets and deliverables
Here’s what you bring:
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Completed formal education (Certificate, Diploma, Degree)
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy is a must, excellent organizational skills and being a team player
- Demonstrates analytical, organizational and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Worked with Microsoft productivity tools such as Word and Excel
- Having worked with Microsoft server technologies (Active Directory, Exchange, SQL) would be an asset
OK Tire offers an excellent compensation program that including a competitive salary, fully paid benefits package (except LTD), Matching RRSP program, Annual profit share, Personal Days and a Health & Wellness spending account.