Honestly Driven – all employees of OK Tire Stores know that providing exceptional customer service and quality workmanship is our number one priority. As part of our team all members believe in:
- Open and honest communication
- Personal commitment towards success
- Team spirited participation – learning, coaching, mentoring
OK Tire Downtown is a small yet busy shop in the heart of Kamloops, offering various services from tires to preventative maintenance and mechanical repairs. Our customers and team members are treated like family, and we strive to look after every vehicle as if it’s our own.
Tire Technician – Working as part of the Shop Team, the Tire & Lube Service Technician is responsible for executing any/all tire and oil-related services as outlined below.
- Tire Repairs – responsible for determining the best method of repair and then completing the task or making recommendations for replacement/warranty if warranted
- Installation – perform installation and proper balancing of newly installed tires ensuring that all check-points have been covered such as proper inflation, rotation, torque, etc.
- Rotation – ensure proper rotation of tires, documenting of rotation for future reference
- Oil changes – perform oil and filter changes as required
- Courtesy brake and front-end inspections and tire rotations if deemed necessary
- Courtesy engine bay wash and vehicle wash (weather-permitting)
- Ensuring work area is kept neat and tidy including cleaning/sweeping daily
- Ensure that all equipment and general parts required for tire services are well maintained and that no stock-outs occur of commonly used parts or shop supplies
- Dispose of used items in appropriate recycling areas and notify the management or service advisors when removal is required
- Provide explanation and recommendation for repairs or replacement of tires
- Ensure customer vehicle is kept clean and free from any damages while in our possession
- Take ownership of your repairs and strive to ensure all necessary components are completed to ensure customer satisfaction and zero return-defects
- Full-time position, 8 hours a day with a ½ hour unpaid lunch break and plenty of potential for OT
- Employees must wear CSA-approved steel-toe boots as well as appropriate shirt/slacks as provided and ensure they are in a presentable condition (i.e. clean)
- Follow all Health & Safety requirements
- Some previous experience/knowledge in the automotive trade preferred
- Able to take direction and complete tasks as assigned
- Willingness to learn
- Able to multi-task and handle multiple priorities on a daily basis
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Physically capable of lifting and moving items up to +50 lbs
Must be available to work full-time, 5 days a week + overtime when required.
If you Honestly believe that you have what it takes to become part of our team we would like to hear from you!
We offer a competitive wage as well as benefits that will be discussed with candidates. If you Honestly believe that you have what it takes to become part of our team we would like to hear from you!
Please forward your resume and cover letter to: [email protected] or drop by in person at: 1020 Victoria Street Kamloops, BC V2C 2C4