OK Tire Corporate office located in South Surrey is looking for an experienced Controller to join our team due to an internal promotion.
The Controller provides leadership and coordination of company financial reporting, budgeting and planning; ensuring that company procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles. The Controller also streamlines processes to create reliable and timely delivery of accounting information and will play an active role in the strategic planning for the business.
- Manage the accounting operations including the review of journal entries, accounts payable, accounts receivable and statutory reporting.
- Establish and monitor internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- Compile and analyze monthly statements and annual reports.
- Direct and coordinate the preparation of annual operating and capital budgets.
- Develop and lead initiatives to identify operating costs, variances and develop performance and variance analyses and work with the various departments to improve and control current processes which impact customer quality.
- Provide oversight and support to distribution centres pertaining to transactions relating to finance which include; inventory, freight, invoices, etc.
- Set goals and targets relating to the quality and productivity of the department.
- Responsible for hiring, terminations and progressive discipline.
- Prepare, analyze and present monthly, quarterly and annual operating results for each department.
- Manage foreign exchange transactions.
- Manage research and development program for CCRA and accounting requirements.
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of financial information.
- Provide advice and guidance on all accounting matters including financial systems, record keeping, analysis, and reporting.
- Set the priorities within accounting group.
- Coordinate the year-end audit and preparation of audited financial statements.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements and external reporting to financial institutions, ensuring that all reporting requirements are met.
- Generation of reports of performance against budgets.
- Support new systems or project selections and implementation from a strategic finance and internal control perspective.
- Assign and authorize cheques, EFT and wire transfers, and invoices.
- Promote and maintain positive corporate relations with the financial community.
- Other related duties and required or assigned.
- Teamwork – Ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting principles, practices, application and financial management including; financial analysis, budgeting and strategic planning.
- Thorough knowledge of all relevant Federal, Provincial and local requirements.
- Experience overseeing audits performed by external audit firms.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and Excel.
- Good project management skills and the ability to motivate teams to produce quality work within tight timeframes.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to and learn new systems, processes, and software.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify root cause problems and develop solutions.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Infrequent travel may be required.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations
- Accountability – Takes ownership of personal and team workload, manages tasks and sets priorities based on business needs.
- Attention to Detail – must have keen ability for details, pursues quality in the accomplishment of tasks, regardless of the volume of duties encountered.
- Continuous Improvement – Strives to improve job responsibilities through developing skills and increasing knowledge.
- Time Management – Balances a myriad of tasks; prioritizes duties as needed.
- Communication – Ability to effectively communicate in a professional manner at all times with all audiences including internal team, external partners, Board members, and franchisees.
- Flexible – ability to be agile and change priorities as needed
- ERP implementation experience would be a significant asset.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of experience as a Financial Controller in distribution type operations.
If YOU are interested in this opportunity please send an email of your expression of interest by no later than October 31, 2018 to email@example.com