Marketing Support Manager, Western Canada
Responsible for supporting our OK Tire stores with their local store advertising strategies as well as executing our national campaigns. Reporting to the Corporate Marketing and Advertising Lead, he/she will work closely with our major stakeholders who include our suppliers and our 300+ independent stores.
South Surrey, BC
Key responsibilities include:
- Execute launch plans for new products which include media support, consumer promotion, point of sale materials working closely with internal and external partners to ensure brand awareness is achieved
- Project management of National Programs such as Tire Insurance, Good/Better/Best, etc.
- Coordinate tradeshow participation including booth, manpower, etc.
- Obtain pre-approval from Suppliers for all TV, Radio and Print ads.
- Liaise with the Marketing Support Specialist to process all dealer co-op requests with Suppliers
- Maintain appropriate database with regards to co-op process and ensure co-op dollars are maximized
- Ensure constant market monitoring by gathering data, acquiring research, keeping in constant contact with sales strategies and through analysis of brand awareness and customer needs/reactions
- Provide suggestions to Marketing and Advertising Lead based on emerging trends and Social Media
- Analyze data to anticipate problems, identify opportunities and understand competitive activity and its impact on business. Make recommendations to adjust plans accordingly
- Monitor and update Website in regards to brand awareness, advertising and promotions
- Coordinate workload of Marketing Support Specialist, Graphic Designer, as well as other outside contract/service providers
- Create/distribute various communication pieces including bulletins and emails supporting upcoming events/advertising
- Manage corporate brand guidelines
- Work with Regional Managers in relations to consumer data, advertising plans and initiatives
- Work with IT Manager in relations to digital advertising strategy execution and implementation
- Collaborate with senior management on various projects such as website, conference planning, strategic planning, etc.
- Preference given to those who hold a Bachelor’s degree in a related area with a minimum of 2 to 4 years of direct experience in advertising and brand recognition, consumer promotion and media management
- Understanding and awareness of Social Media platforms
- Solid familiarity with advertising management skills, market research methodology and analytical tools
- Strong understanding of consumer demographics, consumer purchasing patterns and habits, current trends and needs gap
- An approachable leader who is friendly and interpersonally agile. Relates well to all kinds of people and builds solid relationships. Gets the most and best out of the people.
- A high energy, creative, self-starting individual who is capable of taking control of a function and can act as a change agent
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to earn credibility and build strong relationships that will serve as an ‘enabler’ in achieving goals
- Proven project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate confidently to all levels including internal and external customers in both informal and presentation roles
- Strong analytical and reconciliation skills with an keen appreciation for attention to details
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced, ever changing high-volume environment
- Experience using Adobe suite and Microsoft Office
- The ability to balance multiple priorities that are constantly changing. In return, we offer an excellent compensation program including a company vehicle, benefits package, competitive salary, RRSP program and profit sharing. Interested? Please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join OK Tire! A National Network of over 300 locations. Grown from a grass roots alliance of 8, OK Tire was built on a foundation of customer service driven values. Today, the OK Tire Corporate Office employs modern business intelligence, support and efficiencies to provide OK Tire locations with the same professional service that they provide at the store level. From the top down, OK Tire employees work to improve the bottom line at the store level, enabling stores to focus on what they do best—providing professional service, repair and tires.