Honestly Driven – all employees of OK Tire Stores know that providing exceptional customer service and quality workmanship is our number one priority. As part of our team all members believe in:
- Open and honest communication
- Personal commitment towards success
- Team spirited participation – learning, coaching, mentoring
Tire Shop Supervisor – The Tire Shop Supervisor is responsible for managing the flow of the tire shop on a day to day basis. The candidate must manage all tire shop staff in an efficient manner to ensure the tire shop is producing steady work in a timely manner and offering the best quality service to our customers. This position will report directly to the Manager and must work within the OK Tire policies and procedures.
1) Shop Duties
- Arrive at work before scheduled start time to ensure that the shop is empty, clean and ready at opening time.
- Manage work in progress and maintain shop control board.
- Participate and instruct technicians in the repair, reconditioning and maintenance of customer units.
- Dispatch work to technicians with specific instructions, including expected time for completion of repairs.
- Follow up with technicians on jobs that exceeded expected times and identify and address any issues, concerns or training requirements.
- Monitor technician efficiencies to ensure the best, fastest service for our customers.
- Notify service advisors when there are changes to work in progress, or additional repairs required.
- Ensure all shop equipment is being properly maintained and cleaned on a regular basis.
- Notify General Manager when shop equipment is in need of repair or replacement.
- Assist the General Manager with the management of shop inventory and supplies and assist the Shipper/Receiver with management of tire/wheel inventory.
- Keep shop clean and organized daily. Shop should not be left dirty at the end of the day.
- Ensure tires are being billed correctly and that work orders are completed with thorough vehicle and product information.
- Must inspect all units upon completion before returned to customer. This will include but is not limited to, interior and exterior of vehicle, wheels, tires and centre caps are cleaned, centre caps and lock keys returned to customers, torque tags in vehicles, all pressures are checked on unit and work orders have ALL pertinent information updated.
2) Human Resources
- Participate in the hiring process of all tire technicians and ensure they meet our qualifications.
- Manage, supervise and motivate technicians.
- Train and develop technicians according to company policies and employment laws.
- Be aware of any technician’s weaknesses and ensure they are trained in these areas to improve efficiency.
- Ensure relevant HR procedures are followed.
- Execute and follow disciplinary procedures as necessary.
- During busy times instruct technicians to stay late or arrive early accordingly and during slow times instruct technicians to go home. If necessary, call unscheduled technicians to come in and cover shifts.
- All employees must wear appropriate OK Tire apparel and are in a presentable condition.
3) Personal Development
- Attend meetings and contribute to company strategies and policy making as required
- Develop personal skills and capability through ongoing training, as provided by the company or elsewhere, subject to company approval
4) Health & Safety
- Ensure all employees follow Health & Safety regulations (eg. Wearing earplugs and safety glasses when needed)
- Ensure all hazard assessments are completed daily and appropriately.
- Ensure that the shop is clear of any hazardous materials that are left open
- Ensure that there are clear pathways throughout the shop for ease of movement
- Ensure that all airlines and hoses have proper fittings and clamps
5) Perform other related duties as required
- 2+ years previous experience in the automotive trade preferably in a leadership position
- High energy, creative, self-starting leader who is capable of taking control of a function and can act as a change agent
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to earn credibility and build strong relationships that will serve as an enabler in achieving a profitable business operation
- Ability to lead, coach, mentor and develop employees to achieve both individual and team success
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate confidently
- Highly organized, attentive to details and strong analytical skills
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced, ever changing high-volume environment
- Physically capable of lifting and moving items up to 50lbs+
- Current, valid driver’s license
If you Honestly believe that you have what it takes to become part of our team we would like to hear from you! Please submit compensation expectations with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.