OK Tire Corporate office located in South Surrey, BC is looking to add another IT person to our team – could it be you?
The Systems Administrator, under the direction of the IT Manager, will primarily be responsible to provide internal information technology support, such as server security, software updates, and hardware maintenance. This position will provide technical advice and assistance to employees. This role will also troubleshoot errors and fix system issues via periodic testing, help desk tickets, and other methods.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide internal information technology support, such as server security, software updates, and hardware maintenance
- Perform root cause analysis of system failures and identify bottlenecks to ensure long-term efficiency of all IT systems
- Oversee the implementation, deployment, and operation of information systems and technology solutions for business needs
- Document processes and systems pertaining to the IT infrastructure
- Administration and maintenance of companies wireless AP’s and switches
- Administration and maintenance of Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange / Office 365 environments
- Assess and document the requirements of end-users
- Answer calls to tech support number and create and resolve tickets using helpdesk system
- Conduct regular data backups to protect the organization’s information. Ensure that scheduled backup jobs completed successfully
- Perform in-person, on-site repairs of PC desktop hardware, printers, and other peripherals
- Analyse complex business needs presented by the user community and/or customers/clients and recommend technical solutions
- Maintain and keep the company’s telecommunication systems running with minimal downtime
- Evaluate hardware and software to ensure that it meets company requirements
- Set up monitoring of the computer system to prevent any unauthorized access
- Ensure that server and storage hardware is adequately sized and configured; conduct capacity planning scenarios to meet future needs
- Assist with the planning, approval, and implementation of technology projects from inception to completion
- Provide technical direction to co-workers on the computer and network usage and offer comprehensive advice and instructions.
- Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission-critical host computer resources.
- Stay informed on new or emerging trends and technologies that provide clear benefits to the organization, business partners, and/or customers/clients
- Monitoring ticket SLA’s, evaluating user satisfaction levels and making recommendations for improvement
- Create, update and maintain policies that pertain to the department. Up to and including, End User Agreements, Mobile Device Management, Disaster Recover, Data Retention, etc.
- Use ITIL best practices for Incident, Problem, Asset, Project and Purchase Management
- Manage and monitor virtualized VMWare servers
- Experience with Linux & Microsoft AD DS, SQL Server and Exchange/MS Office environment
- Sound understanding of network principles: DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, VPN, RDP
- Experience with the following technologies would be an asset: Citrix, VMWare, EMC SAN’s, EMC replication manager, Sophos Endpoint, Veritas Backup
- Strong knowledge of systems administration procedures and methodologies
- Project management and business analysis expertise (gathering requirements, developing technical and functional specifications, etc.)
- Accountability – Takes ownership of personal workload and performs tasks to completion within deadlines
- Attention to Detail – Attends to details and pursues quality in the accomplishment of tasks, regardless of the volume of duties encountered
- Time Management – Balances a myriad of tasks; prioritizes duties as needed
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical members of the organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Knowledge of ITIL Processes a recommendation
- Knowledge of VMWare a requirement
- Business Intelligence / Analysis experience would be an asset
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Experience would be an asset
- Data Warehouse/Mining experience would be an asset
- ERP Implementation Experience (Infor SX.e) would be an asset
- Birst, Power BI, Qlik Sense, Tableau experience would be an asset
- MDX/DAX experience would be an asset
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc in Computer science or equivalent experience (3-5 years).
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft suite of server applications.
If YOU are interested in this opportunity please send your resume and expression of interest by no later than November 2, 2018 to email@example.com