OK Tire & Bridgestone
Gold Medal Giveaway (the “Contest”)
Official Contest Rules
- ELIGIBILITY: TO BE ELIGIBLE TO ENTER THIS CONTEST AND FOR A CHANCE TO WIN, YOU MUST BE (i) A LEGAL RESIDENT OF CANADA AND (ii) OF AT LEAST THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THE PROVINCE OR TERRITORY IN WHICH YOU RESIDE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. You are not eligible to enter this Contest or win a prize if you are: (a) an employee, director, officer, or contractor of any of the following: the Sponsor (as defined below), Bridgestone Canada Inc. or their respective affiliates and related companies, advertising or promotional agencies, the contest judging organization, or any participating prize suppliers; or (b) a member of the immediate family (defined as parents, siblings, children and spouse, regardless of where they live) or household (whether related or not) of any of the above persons. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Not sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Instagram.
- SPONSOR: OK Tire Stores Inc. (“OK Tire” or the “Sponsor”) is the Sponsor of this Contest. Bridgestone Canada Inc. is not a sponsor of the Contest but will be providing some prize fulfillment.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: These rules (the “Official Rules”) are the official rules governing the operation of this Contest. By entering this Contest, all entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules. The Sponsor reserves the right to reject any entries that do not meet the requirements for participation as established by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion whose decisions are final. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, the Official Rules shall govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST OR TO WIN A PRIZE.
- CONTEST START AND END TIMES: This Contest will start at 4:00 p.m. PST on November 19, 2021 and end at 4:00 p.m. PST on December 10, 2021 (the “Contest Period”).
Entries received before or after the above dates and times are void. The Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Contest. Subject to applicable law and/or any required regulatory approval, the Sponsor reserves the right, without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or time frames stipulated in the Official Rules to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance with the Official Rules.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter this Contest during the Contest Period, you must: (1) have a registered Instagram account; (2) follow OK Tire’s Instagram page at http://www.instagram.com/oktire or @OKTire or http://www.instagram.com/okpneuscanada or @OKPneusCanada; and (3) like the post describing this Contest. Entrants may also share details about this Contest on their Instagram feed with the hashtag #GoldMedalGiveaway.
Limit 1] entries per person. Each ‘like’ and follow is collectively deemed to be one (1) “Entry.” All Entries must be completed and received before the end of the Contest Period to be eligible for the prize drawing. You are responsible for ensuring that all information you provide to the Sponsor and/or its designate(s) is up-to-date and accurate. Use (or attempted use) of any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest is prohibited and is grounds for disqualification by the Sponsor. Standard data rates may apply. Check your service provider plan for your rates and fees.
- PRIZES: There are a total of two (2) prizes available to be won each consisting of the following: a bubble hockey table (approximate retail value (“ARV”) $4,000.00), party supplies (plates, cups, napkins, banners and decorations) (ARV $50.00), a $200.00 food delivery gift card, snacks (chips, chocolates, candies and non-alcoholic beverages) (ARV $100.00), breakfast (pancake mix, maple syrup, chocolate chips, tea and coffee) (ARV $100.00), Hockey Canada jersey (ARV $330.00) and Bridgestone and OK Tire merchandise (jumper cables, hats and key-chains) (ARV $50.00) (total ARV $4,830 each).
All prizes and prize components will be chosen by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute any prize for a prize of equivalent monetary value if the prize or any part of the prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. Any difference between the stated estimated retail value of the prize and the actual retail value of the prize will not be awarded. The prizes are not transferable, not redeemable for cash, not permitted to be re-sold and will be awarded to confirmed prize winners only.
- SELECTION OF PRIZE WINNERS: The prize winners will be selected by way of a random draw from among all eligible Entries received by the end of the Contest Period on or before December , 2021. The winners will be announced on December 13, 2021. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. To be declared a winner of a prize, a selected entrant must first correctly answer, the Sponsor’s mathematical skill-testing question by phone, e-mail, or other communication method chosen by the Sponsor and without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise. Selection of the winners will take place at the offices of the Sponsor’s designate for the purpose of administering certain portions of the Contest VMC Media Inc. (“VMC Media”), at 370 King Street West, Third Floor, Toronto, ON, M5V 1J9.
- REQUIREMENTS OF THE PRIZE WINNERS: Sponsor will require the prize winners to sign and return the Sponsor’s affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release as a precondition to the award of a prize. If a prize winner fails to sign and return the requested documents to Sponsor and/or its designate by December, , 2021, that prize winner may be disqualified, and the prize will thereafter be awarded to an alternate prize winner from the remaining valid entries by way of random draw.
- NOTIFICATION OF POTENTIAL PRIZE WINNER: The prize winners will be notified via direct message (“DM”) on Instagram within two (2) business days of the winner selection during the Contest Period by the Sponsor or its designate. If the selected entrant: (i) cannot be contacted within three (3) days of the first attempted notification;
(ii) fails to correctly answer the Sponsor’s skill-testing question; (iii) fails to execute and return to Sponsor and/or its designate the declaration and release of liability forms for the selected entrant and guests within one (1) day; and/or (iv) cannot accept the prize as awarded for any reason whatsoever; then the prize will be forfeited. In the event that a prize is forfeited, the Sponsor will, time permitting (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion), select an alternate eligible entrant as the potential winner of the prize by way of random draw
FOR QUEBEC RESIDENTS: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- RELEASE AND PUBLICITY: YOU AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSOR, BRIDGESTONE CANADA INC. AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, PARTNERS, AFFILIATED COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS AND INSTAGRAM (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASEES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST. YOU AGREE THAT NONE OF THE RELEASEES ARE LIABLE FOR INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST AND ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION AND USE OF THE PRIZE. THE SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TYPOGRAPHICAL OR OTHER ERROR IN THE PUBLICATION OF THE OFFER OR ADMINISTRATION OF THE CONTEST OR IN THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF A PRIZE.
- DISPUTES: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants or Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the law of the Province of Ontario. Applicable laws in Canada may require that the laws of the Canadian jurisdiction in which you reside apply instead, in which case the laws of that jurisdiction will apply.
BY ENTERING INTO THE CONTEST, YOU AGREE THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONSENT, OR ANY PRIZES AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORTING TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, PURSUANT TO ARBITRATION CONDUCTED UNDER THE COMMERCIAL ARBITRATION RULES OF THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION, TO TAKE PLACE IN TORONTO, ONTARIO; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS CONTEST, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES; AND (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF- POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED.
Sponsor and its designates assume no responsibility for computer system, hardware, software or program malfunctions or other errors, failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human or technical in nature, or for damaged, lost, late, illegible or misdirected entries; technical, hardware, software, electronic or telephone failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; fraudulent, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions whether caused by Sponsor, its designates, the entrants, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest; or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of submissions or downloading, that may limit, delay or prevent an entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Contest and award a prize from Entries received up to the time of termination or suspension should virus, bugs or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control, unauthorized human intervention, malfunction, computer problems, phone line or network hardware or software malfunction, which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsors, corrupt, compromise or materially affect the administration, fairness, security or proper play of the Contest or proper submission of Entries or for any other reason.
All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason by the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor including, without limitation, valid government issued photo identification) to participate in this Contest. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to identity of the person submitting an Entry, the authorized account holder of the Instagram account and/or e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an Instagram account or e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
If it is discovered by the Sponsor that any person has or has attempted to: (i) submit more than the maximum number of Entries specified in the Official Rules, and/or (ii) use multiple names, identities and/or more than one electronic e-mail address to enter the Contest, then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest and all of his/her entries voided, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify, from this Contest and any future Contest or other promotion conducted by Sponsor, any individual that they find or believe to not be in compliance with the Official Rules; to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any website pertaining to the Contest; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
All decisions of the Sponsor, its agents and representatives are final and binding without right of appeal in all matters relating to this Contest.
VMC Media Inc. hereby disclaims any sponsorship or endorsement by and any affiliation with the Contest and the supplier(s) of any portions of the prizes.
Ok Pneus Canada
1952, Croissant Joseph-Armand Bombardier
Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, QC J6T 0H3
c/o Pascale Ledoux
Outside Quebec: OK Tire Canada 19082 21 Ave
Surrey, BC Canada V3Z 3M3
c/o Hanna Ahmed